Maranura District - La Convención - Cusco
Santa Ana | Echarate | Huayopata | Kimbiri | Maranura | Ocobamba | Pichari | Quelloúno |
Santa Teresa | Vilcabamba
The Peruvian district of Maranura is one of the 9 districts of the Province of La Convención, located in the department of Cusco, in the admnistración the Regional Government of Cusco, Peru.
From the hierarchical view of the Catholic Church is part of the Vicariate Apostolic of Puerto Maldonado.
The district was created by Law 13620 of 15 March 1961 during the government of President Manuel Prado Ugarteche.
Authorities 2011 - 2014
- Mayor: Francisco Marcavillaca Alvarez, del Partido Democratico Somos Perú (SP).
- Aldermen: Sergio Tapia Caballero (SP), Clara Huamán Castilla (SP), Fredy Alagón Ricalde (SP), Obdulia Palma Ttito (SP), Efrain Yabar Becerra (Acuerdo Popular Unificado).
Maranura is located in the center south of the province of La Convención. Its capital, the town of Maranura is located 1 110 msnm.
Customs and Traditions
The most important religious festival of the Lord of the Exaltation of Bugs.
- Virgin Asuncion August 15
- November 15th Anniversary
- Lord of Chincha, September 14
- Virgen del Carmen July 16
- Cross Velacuy May 3